A huge population challenge because of a 1.251 million population growing year by year and a big problem in people´s needs management that will grow as fast as the indian economy grows. But however, a clear horizon: 100 smart cities across 21 states in 5 years. That´s the reality that India, with a US$ 15,329.26 million budget wants to talk about in it´s 2nd Smart Cities India Expo.
The event, that will take place at Pragati Maidan (New Delhi) on May´s 11-13, counted on, in its first edition, with more than 200 participants from 40 countries, 12.000 visitors and more than 1.400 delegates.
Wich sectors will we find in the expo?
Visitor Profile (Who will arrive to the 2nd Indian Smart Cities Expo?)
- Government representatives from ministries, regulatory bodies, municipalities, local authorities, etc.
- Embassies and trade offices
- CEOs, COOs,VPs, Country Managers and other senior management or decision makers of public and private organizations
- Engineers, architects, and consultants
- Suppliers and buyers of relevant technologies
- Companies and consultants involved in smart cities concepts
- Project management companies
- System integrators
- Builders and property developers
- Media and advertising companies
- Non-governmental organizations
- Banks and financial institutions
- End-users, etc.
Here we can read the 1st edition (2015) report
India Smart City Strategy
Shri Narendra Modi, the Prime Minister of India has a clear vision of the country´s future: the smart cities.
With a huge population and big management problems in super-populated cities, India needs to get modernized quickly, and the indian Government knows what the smart cities could offer to his country. So, by a strong investment and planification in the middle-sized indian´s cities, the Government wants to identify 20 smart cities for this year, another 40 in 2016 and the last 40 for 2017.
The needs of the cities, that are increasing each year in terms of Water and Waste Management, Energy Demand, Transportation, Security, Education, etcetera, makes this strategy crucial for indian´s citizens. The population grow forecast tells that in 2022 India will become the most populated country in the world (with a stimated population of more than 1.400 million people, almost the 20% of the world total future population and even ahead of China), so the strategy of how manage the resources and needs that this huge ammount of people will demand is imperative for indian Government.
That´s why the choice in the smart cities knowledge is the one of the most important plans for the actual government.
100 smart cities for 2020 and the rejuvenation of another 500 cities map view: